Pages

Friday, March 1, 2019

Week 4 - Cameron Pools Swimming

Hi bloggers,

We have been very excited to begin our swimming sessions at Cameron Pools.  We travel to the pools by bus each Tuesday and Thursday for the next five weeks. It is such a good opportunity for us to develop our confidence and skills in the water with the support of our swimming teachers.



In our first session we focused on kicking, floating, streamlines, getting ourselves into and out of the pool safely and started some strokes.  Can you complete all of those skills?


Keep checking back as we keep you updated by sharing the skills that we are learning.

2 comments:

  1. It's wonderful to hear that you've been learning lots at Swimming, it is an extremely important skill! To answer your question, I can: kick, float (on my front and back), swim freestyle, swim backstroke and swim breast-stroke, and I can get myself out of the water safely using the ladder! However, I cannot get myself out of the water without a ladder, and my streamline is not very good - maybe some of you could give me some helpful hints about these things? I do know that I am very proud of all of the Middle School and Senior School for the RESPECT you have displayed down at the pools, you have been polite and sensible and it's been lovely hearing members of the public make positive comments about Waikowhai. Have a wonderful swim tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Kaiwhare, what great work you have done and posted onto your blog! I liked the way you put heaps of information into your work. I wish I was in Kaiwhare. Maybe next time you post something you could use more pictures. It's wonderful to hear that you've been learning lots at Swimming, it is an extremely important skill! Ka pai Kaiwhare!Blog ya later!
    Type up this link and have a look at my blog. https://wpsjoshuae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete