Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2018

Week 7 - Zoofari adventures for the seniors

On Thursday the 14th of June the senior school were lucky enough to enjoy a trip to the Zoo as part of our Inquiry focus this term.  There were a number of activities we completed during the day.  Firstly, we had a short time exploring the Zoo with our parent helpers.  Then, we took part in a session with our Zoo educator John.  John took us to the Kiwi enclosure where we found out about the eggs, size of eggs and the important project Operation Nest Egg.



John then took us into the NZ bush area where we connected our learning to the information that we gained during our trip to Tiritiri Matangi Island.  We really know lots about these birds.


Then, we spent some time interacting with the exhibits in the bug lab. We found out lots more and were really excited to spend the time in this newer part of the Zoo.


Finally, we explored the rest of the Zoo with our parents before catching the double decker bus back to school.  It was a great day that supported our learning and gave us the chance to answer some of our questions about the Zoo too.


If you would like to find out more, please leave us a positive, thoughtful or helpful comment below.

6 comments:

  1. Kia ora Manukau learners,
    It's great to see your zoo photos. I realised it is nearly 15 years since I have been to Auckland Zoo! I imagine it's changed heaps since I was there last. I didn't know there was a bug lab there. It would have been fun going in a double decker bus too. What is your favourite part of the zoo?
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,Manukau@Waikowhai school.It is Tahlia from Awahono School. Thank you for sharing this post with us. I really enjoyed when you said what you learnt and what you did there.I have a question for you though, how long did it take you to get there and what zoo did you go to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Manukau School,I am Bella from Awahono School. how was it? What was your favourite part of Auckland Zoo? I like your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my name is Ngarui this look awsome and i wish that i went there

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi my name is herbert and i go to kawakawa primary school
    you rook

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi my name is Chase i go to kawakawa primary my favourite was when you went to the Auckland zoo

    ReplyDelete