Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Week 2 - Taha Tīnana

Kia ora!

This term, our learning in Te Reo Māori is linked with our Inquiry focus on healthy living - hauora tīnana.  We have been learning about different types of food and how it helps keep our bodies healthy.

Here are the different names of food we have learnt in Te Reo.

This poster is displayed in our window so we can practise finding the word matching the picture.
Here are Paige, Lewis, Ashwin and Cyan matching some. You might like to have a go when you come visit, too.

This week we also practised our manners for mealtimes... asking where a food is, asking someone to pass it, and responding politely.

"Kei whea te _______?" means "Where is the _______?" E.g. Kei whea te pata?=Where is the butter?
"Homai he _______," means "Gave me (pass) a/some ____." E.g. Homai he pata. = Pass some butter.
"Anei he _______," means "Here is a/some _______." E.g. Anei he pata. = Here's some butter.

Here we are, practising asking each other to pass an item of food.




Ka kite ano!

4 comments:

  1. Hi there Kaiwhare,
    My name is Mercedes and I am a student in Manukau. I really like how you guys are blogging about Vegetables in Maori . It made me think of when we were also writing about vegetables in Te Waka Ako. Maybe next time you could tell us what was hard and what was easy for you guys. I really liked your blog post. If you would like to see my learning blog it is at wpsmercedest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi kaiwhare
    all of you have good photos
    I like your video of when some of you where gesing what vegetable or fruit it is Maybe next time you could tell us more about what your doing,
    I like how you put some of the cards on the window, so now when ever someone go's there then they can read them too.
    if you want to check out my blog it is at
    wpsgenevieve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kaiwhare, Nirvana-Jayde here in Te Waka Ako. I like all your video's and photos and they look really cool. I really like how you are looking at the pictures on the window and figuring it out. Bye and thank you for sharing your wonderful work to us. keep smiling and learn some more other wonderful stuff.

    ReplyDelete